One of my goals this year is to live more green and eco-friendly life! If you are with me in wanting to find simple ways to live a more eco-friendly life, I’ve got you covered! There are definitely tons of ways to live more green, but these 8 ways are easy changes and make a great place to start!
With cancer becoming more prevalent and with climate change happening at an increasingly fast pace, I think it’s so important to try to do my part! I also want to give my children a healthy life and I know that I need to reduce my use of plastics, especially using them in the microwave! Honestly, I’m not perfect with keeping everything I use eco-friendly, but I’m definitely moving in that direction and trying to be more aware of the products I use and clothes I wear.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our full disclosure here.
8 Easy Ways Moms Can Make Their Homes More Eco-Friendly
- Trade out your candles, air fresheners, and cleaning solutions for essential oils!I just started doing this and I’m officially obsessed with essential oils (I honestly am so surprised that I’m saying that!). We have started using oils for headaches, allergies, tummy issues, and wellness/immune system and diffusing them to make our house smell amazing. We also switched out our kitchen cleaning spray to a natural, essential-oil based cleaning spray our kitchen is clean, chemical-free, and smells like Christmas year round! Since the cleaner is chemical and toxin free, I let my son help me clean, too!
- Ditch your dryer sheets and start using reusable wool dryer balls! They are chemical free and help reduce drying time, wrinkles, and static cling! If you use essential oils, you can add a few drops of lavender or your oil of choice to the balls to make your clothes smell amazing.
- Use a natural perfume like those from Skylar Body. Skylar perfumes are natural, hypoallergenic, and cruelty free. And they all smell amazing! Since I have a new baby cuddled up to me most of the day, I love that my perfume has no harmful ingredients and that it is safe to wear around my baby! They have a sample kit, so you can find the fragrance that you love and you can click here to get 25% off your first purchase!
- Ditch your plastic sandwich bags for kids lunches and get some reusable sandwich bags! This brand has a lot of cute options and great reviews on Amazon!
- When you have to replace your sheets, bath towels, and even clothes —consider replacing them with products made from bamboo! Bamboo fibers are 100% biodegradable and they are naturally anti-microbial and hypoallergenic! Since bamboo is a renewable resource it is a very eco-friendly option for bed and bath products! Our favorite place to find bamboo products is Cariloha! They have everything from bath towels and clothing, to sheets and even mattresses! We have these sheets and they are the coziest sheets I’ve ever slept in!
- Change out all of your plastic storage containers and replace them with glass storage containers like these ones!
- If your pots and pans have scratched non-stick coating, then it is time for a replacement because that coating is flaking off into your food, yuck! We’ve had our pots and pans since we got married 8 years ago and they were in rough shape, y’all! We just replaced them with ceramic coated pans.
- I’m also trying to pay more attention to wear our clothes come from and how they are made. I recently bought baby and kid jammies and a dress for me from Pact and I love them! They make organic cotton clothes for the whole family from babies to adults. All of their clothes are ethically and sustainably made and their prices are so affordable! You can use this link to get an additional 20% off when you shop at Pact!
I hope some of these simple ways to live a more eco-friendly life have been helpful! These are all things I’ve incorporated into my family’s lives and I hope they inspire you to start living more “green”!